Footscan Gait Analysis
What is a Gait Analysis?
A Gait Analysis assesses the way you walk, this can be achieved by various methods, our Footscan unit is a 8000 pressure sensor unit that provides precise data on your movement.
Using the lasts innovative technology, pressure plate analysis can identify abnormal foot pressures and movements during the footstep that are not visible to the eye, helping to diagnose lower limb conditions.
Why is Gait Analysis important?
A Gait Analysis gives an important visual of the subtle movements of the feet, when a small problem develops there is a knock-on effect as the body adapts and compensates, this modifies posture and movement effecting how you walk and run. This can lead to more serious problems.
The use of orthotics (insoles that support and stabilise) combined with rehabilitation exercise are able to address the compensation patterns and balance the uneven tensions on the joints and muscles.
Our Bio-Mechanical assessment allows us to define a baseline for helping functional correction with a rehabilitation plan to achieve recovery and improve performance.
Our clinic sees a large range of patients of different ages who need to resolve foot issues with orthotics that work with their shoes, an orthotic which is comfortable and durable. And whilst we see a lot of runners, footballer, golfers and walkers we also see patients who are diabetic, are looking for comfort and insoles that reduced pressure sores and prevent deterioration of foot related problems.
If you are experiencing any of the following issues, you could benefit from a Gait Analysis:
- Pain when walking or running
- Have excessive pressure areas under foot
- Specialist populations (Diabetes, Athletes, Children)
- Foot, ankle, knee or hip pain
- Flat feet, high arches or plantar fasciitis
- Achey sore feet when standing all day
How can we help?
To help our patients and clients we provide:
- A Diagnosis of the injury or issue you are experiencing
- High level experience combined with an evidence based treatment protocol designed for you.
- Risk managment and Identification of the risk of injury.
- Bespoke rehabilitation programmes to maximise recovery and performance.